Modular Test Set
for Fiber Optic Networks
The T-BERD/MTS-2000 is a handheld modular test set for the installation, turn-up and maintenance of optical fibers across Enterprise, Metro and FTTx/Access point-to-point or point-to-multipoint networks (PONs).
This handheld unit provides the largest range of test capabilities offered for Tier 2 fiber certification to install, turn up, and troubleshoot single-mode and multimode fiber networks. When used with the Smart Link Mapper (SLM) users get both an OTDR trace and a simplified graphical map view, making it much easier and faster to identify all the events in a trace. Supports external MPO switch.
- Hands-free testing. Hands-free case optimizing productivity whether the task is “up poles or down holes” and ensuring all the essential fiber test tools are close at hand comes standard and makes daily work for technicians easier.
- Built for simplicity. Simple interface and one-touch button operation ensures straightforward use of the instrument. Results are displayed on a large high resolution color touchscreen.
- Widest range of applications. The modular form factor enables to outfit the test set with the exact capabilities needed in the field. Combining such a large array of applications into one handheld test set maximizes return on investment and drives common test methods and procedures.
- Ensure fast and consistent fiber deployments across your network with the SmartOTDR™ test mode
- Remotely coach and support field techs with Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- FiberComplete™ application for automated Insertion Loss and ORL testing with fault finding
- CWDM optical spectrum analyzer application
- PON/FTTH selective power meter application
- Digital analysis microscope to inspect connectors end faces and perform IEC pass/fail analysis. Learn more about fiber inspection.
- Other Test Applications: optical power meter, visual fault locator and optical talkset
- Large 5-inch touch screen display
- Test applications include OTDR, automatic IL/ORL, CWDM analyzer, selective PON power meter and connector inspection with IEC pass/fail analysis
- Built-in optical power meter, VFL and optical talkset options
- New generation lithium polymer (LiPo) battery for up to 8 hours operation
- Flexible connectivity with ethernet, USB, bluetooth and wifi capabilities
- Special hands-free bag as standard
- Cross-compatibility with T-BERD/MTS-4000 Multiple Services Test Platform